[pct-l] Home made quilts

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 14:02:20 CST 2009

Hi Bill -

I made a Ray-way quilt a few years ago.  It wasn't too
hard, although it took me longer than what I remember
the ads saying.  It is very light, although it doesn't
stuff as small as I would like.  As per Ray, you should
not pack it real tight, or it will lose it's loft.

The quilt is quite warm, although I am pretty big, and
find that I often get cool, drafty spots where I don't
"seal" down the edge.  There have been a number of posts
- check the archives - about modifications.  Mostly there
is the idea of making the flaps extend under the sleeping
pad by either lengthening them, or adding tapes that run
side to side.

good hiking, Kent