[pct-l] Home made quilts

billbatch at cox.net billbatch at cox.net
Fri Jan 9 14:00:12 CST 2009

I made two both via kits from Ray-Way.   I had zero experience sewing.   I am very happy with the results and have been using them ever since.   After using the quilt, I find bags too constricting as I like to bend and flip all night long.

 The Ray-Way instructions are true to form in that the measurements leave NO extra width or length.   This can make for gaps when rolling over.   My second one I made an inch longer and two inches wider than the instructions indicated.   This was much better.  I have seen other posts at least twice with similar feedback.

Also, I have added some very "hold down" lines to mine to tack the sides down when temps push the envelope rating.   There are many variations of "hold downs"   If you are interested in what I did, send me a note off line and I will send you some pictures.