[pct-l] END footwear

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 09:08:27 CST 2009

Anyone have long distance experience with  Environmentally Neutral Design
footwear? I've  put  over 1,500 mi each on 2 pr Danner Goretex boots (3 lbs),
over 1,500 mi on 1 pr  Danner Goretex shoes (2 lbs-6.4 lbs off my back from the
boots, theoretically), and am going to try a pr of END Stumptown
cross-trainers (1.5 lbs-another 3.2 lbs off my back from the Danner shoes,
theoretically).
    My 20 mi or so shakedown in Big Bend National and  Big Bend Ranch State
Parks showed no problems; the fit was good, no hot spots,  no lack of control,
etc. They feel so light they seem cheap; actually they are  cheap, about
5/8ths the cost of the Danner shoes, an REI 20% sale brought them  down to about
$65.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See, if  it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.'
-- Harry Browne

"If you think  health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke