[pct-l] horse rentals consider a burro

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 20:56:18 CST 2009

To: Maxe  From: Ed Anderson
You got excellent advice from Tom, Carolyn, and Donna. I really have nothing to add because I do not know what experience you might have with horses. I will say that it is a lot easier to hike the PCT - even if you are experienced with horses. Donna suggested that you consider a burro. That's really a good idea if you aren't already experienced with horses. You should have experience way beyound having rided rented horses in the park several times . . . Burros are tough, hardy, sure-footed and strong for thier size. They are very versatile eaters - can find food where a horse can't. This assumes that you are willing and able to hike - you would not have to carry a pack. The backpackers would envy you. Squatch and Reinhold M and hiker 97 would really envy you. You might even inspire a new trend. A more realistic approach than a hiker cart - - - - - -