[pct-l] Grid, Graph, Spreadsheet in Preparation and During Hike

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:03:17 CST 2009

In 2004 when my Dad was going to hike with me for the first 500 or so miles, he came up with an Excel spreadsheet for us. He then had to back out due to arthritis, but I have used that spreadsheet for my 2004 aborted trip, my 2007, 1600-ish miles and then again for the 1100-ish in 2008.
BUT, my main reason for using it was so that my "logistics manager" at home knew how many days of food he needed to put in a box and where to mail it to!! It mostly worked out, we had a few USPS snafus, otherwise things went well. My family and friends used it to as a guide to when I might be somewhere to get their care packages!!
I have to agree with Radar though, Nature is a much better motivator to keeping you on schedule!

Tammy T.