[pct-l] Gravity Fed Filters (was Platypus CleanStrem)

Sean Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Sun Jan 4 22:15:04 CST 2009

There are other gravity filter options that all weigh less then most pump filters.  There is the 7.5oz ULA Amigo (http://www.ula-equipment.com/amigo.htm)  that uses the Katadyn Hiker Filter catrdige (200+ gallon life).  There is also the Antigravity 4.2oz Water Filter (http://www.antigravitygear.com/proddetail.php?prod=AGGH20) that uses the AquaMira Frontier Pro Filter Cartridges (50+ gallon life).  While I like the weight of the Antigravity filter, you'd have to replace it more often on a thru hike and the filters aren't as easy to find at outfitters.  That said, I still bought one to try out.