[pct-l] West Coast Trail, Choquequirao-Machu Picchu Hike

Vic Hanson vichansonperu at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 20:06:06 CST 2009

I had always heard of it as the Pacific Coast Trail too, thanks, Mags for letting us know that it is the West Coast Trail.

However not to be confused with this West Coast Trail in Canada:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Coast_Trail

For anyone who may be interested, in November Smiley and I (both PCT 2006) hiked from Cachora to Choquequirao to Machu Picchu, in Peru, on a trail that doesn't really have an official name. It is one of a few alternate routes that are becoming more popular now as the normal Inca Trail is becoming more expensive and too popular. You can read my trip report of our 5-day hike on www.summitpost.org, along with many other hikes and climbs I have posted there. The trip report is here:
http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/469499/Choquequirao-Machu-Picchu-In-Five-Days.html

My home page with lots of other stuff, both hiking and mountaineering is here:
http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=28256

Sugar Daddy