[pct-l] MAPS

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 2 21:31:37 CST 2009

I always enjoy maps.  They not only show me where I am, but where other things are or will be relative to where I am traveling.  Without a map, I feel like I am in a tube, only aware of what is right there where I am.  I want to know what is over that hill and if I should go check it out.  I want to know about possible water sources or camping sites, exit points, ranger stations, water crossings, towns, trail intersections, etc.  Maps offer you a picture from high in the sky.  Once you can read a map, you have a wonderful view.

Amanda (Shepherd)