[pct-l] The ultimate thru-hike training program

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Jan 1 10:55:06 CST 2009

Robert Freed wrote:....Carrying twenty pounds of beer is good training,
right..?
-----------------------------------
Hey Robert,
Without a doubt hauling 20 lb of beer is great training, and so is the
couch to refrig. yo-yo, which has totally exhausted me yesterday.
However, after reading a book I have come to the conclusion that sex 3
times a day  is the ultimate thru-hike training  program. It is a great
cardiovascular exercise and you never get tired of it, like you do of
most other exercise programs.
As a matter of fact, you are always looking forward to the next training
session, which keeps you motivated to stay with the program, to get you
into top thru-hiker shape.
If your training partner objects, tell her Dr. Reinhold highly
recommends it.

Well so long now, being that it is New Years Day and wanting to get into
top shape by the Kick-Off, I want to start the New Year right and jump
on this exiting new training program immediately.

JMT Reinhold
Author...''Sex in the Wilderness''...how to do it on the trail, off the
trail, in the bushes, in the bivi-sack and 99 other ways.