[pct-l] Idyllwild Enter/Exit

Cris cj5w4wd at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 12:53:58 CST 2009

Jason,
I used to live in the flatlands below Idyllwild and hiked there a lot.  The
Devil's Slide trail is beautiful and I truly love it as everyone says but
the Deer Springs trail IMO could be more useful to get into town --even
though you give up a chance to get a ride in lieu of the road walk--.  From
Saddle Junction it is 1.2 miles farther to the junction with DST. From there
it's 4.1 mi down to the highway 243, just northwest of town by 1/4 mile
maybe? As far as a hitch from Humber Park to town, if you happen there on a
nice day the trailhead parking is usually full.  If it's a cold and drippy
day, I wouldn't count on it.

Back to lurking and planning my next section...
Cris
...mountains don't tolerate fools...