[pct-l] CAMERA Choices???

Robert Bridges rpuentes at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 06:10:37 CST 2009

Edan,

You should take a look at the fairly new class of "superzoom" digitals out there - sort of a bridge between the point&shoots and a full SLR.  We took a Panasonic FZ-28 on this year's vacation on the JMT, and for my purposes; it's the perfect backpacking camera.  Just under a pound, an incredible 18x zoom range (27mm-486mm EFL), 10 MP, image stabilization, great pix and video, and it fits handily in a fanny pack for immediate access.  If you've got ten minutes to spare, take a peek at our slide show at   http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3051246&alb=0  (you'll want to have the music up and use the right mouse menu to select "Full Screen").  You'll have a tough time beating this camera with an SLR.

Bob & Coleen