[pct-l] Day's Inn in Mojave

Linda Bakkar lbakkar at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:25:21 CST 2009

 >Brian Lewis (Gadget '08) said:

>" I picked Mojave last year over Tehachapi based on the idea of not
> having to hitchhike due to the ride offered by Days Inn. I had the
> same experience, however --- phoned from the road and was told that
> the person that gives the rides wasn't working for the next few days,
> so had to hitch in."

I was also at the Day's Inn during a week when the owners could not come out to pick up people.  (I was there the whole week while an ankle injury healed.)  The wife of one of the brothers was expecting a baby and had a doctor's appointment.  Then, their mother had a doctor's appointment a couple of days later.  Since one brother had to be at the hotel while the other was out, and all that week only one brother at a time was taking care of the hotel office, they couldn't leave.  The day I went back out, however, they were both back, and one of them took me out to the trailhead.  They were very gracious and generous to me.

I have to go back there this spring to hike the part I missed.   I will start at the Anderson's and end at Highway 58, and I will call the Day's Inn to ask for a ride.  But I will be prepared to hitch, if necessary, because it is their custom to help, but it is not a definite promise.

Blue Butterfly