[pct-l] anyone have bear or mountain lion stories?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 25 21:11:42 CST 2009

Good evening, All,

I might add that the Bigfoot sign harks back to an incident alleged to have
occurred many years ago at a campsite – 7 ½ Mile Camp -- on upper Eagle
Creek. http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=202733

At nightfall a lone southbound hiker became troubled by the feeling of some
kind of presents near behind him.  He saw nothing, but repeatedly fir cones
came flying by in such a way that it was unlikely they had fallen from the
trees.  After setting up his tent, carefully securing his gear, and crawling
into his bag for the night he repeatedly heard what he thought what was
foot-falls and other noises around the tent.  Unable to doze off, he finally
took a sleeping pill.  When he awoke in the early morning light nothing had
been harmed, but his tent had been unzipped, and every zipper of his pack
had been opened.

I don’t believe a word of it, but if you ever awake to find that a large,
hairy creature with big is pouring Shake’N Bake into the sleeping bag with
you panicking is not only allowed, it’s recommended.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye