[pct-l] Guid books

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 25 10:41:51 CST 2009

Good morning, Wren,

All the sections are rewarding, so just pick something of an appropriate
length which offers agreeable logistics for your situation.

Probably the best over-all bet is to get the PCT guidebook for the
section(s) to be hiked.  You’ve probably already swallowed the hiking hook
past the barb so you will eventually need the books anyway.

I personally like HalfMile’s maps that can be downloaded free at:
http://www.pctmap.net/index.html  but that all depends upon how comfortable
you are primarily using larger maps and waypoints vs. smaller maps and a
text description of the route.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye