[pct-l] Mojave & Tehachapi

Pat Wormington airecrew at netzero.net
Wed Feb 25 09:23:42 CST 2009

If you have a choice Tehachapi is much nicer.  I lucked out and caught a
ride.  The afternoon bus also stops there on the way to Bakersfield.
Also better food .  They have a coffee house, Mama Hillybeans, and at
City Slickers the  food was awesome, huge gourmet hamburger big enough
for two and 12 beer taps.  I hope to take my husband back there
sometime.  There is also another restaurant across from Mama's I can't
remember the name, where I had breakfast.  For hikers getting off at
Cottonwood Creek, taking Rosamond Blvd. to Rosamond, the M & G Cafe is
diagonally across from the PO on a side street, which also has the
senior center farther down the same street, and a county transit bus
stop.  The Center also has bathrooms you can use to clean up, especially
after spending the night in a wind storm with a face plastered with dirt.

I stayed in Mojave two nights section hiking, and would not again.  I
believe it was Day's Inn in Mojave that will pick you up.  There's
nothing to do in that town except get a haircut, and the grocery store
isn't handy.  Enjoy your hike.

Jollylopper
Sierra Valley