[pct-l] thru-hike or section-hike

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Feb 24 10:57:09 CST 2009

In 2005 on my SOBO section hike it took this 53 year old body five weeks
to go from eight miles a day to 20.  I'm sure Linda will agree that it's
never too late to start training.  At this point you'll need to devote
at least 2 - 6 hours a day or more to training, including core
strengthening and cross-training and hiking of course.  Include zeros
every three or four days if you train on the upper end.  Let your body
heal...

Also, the -self-discipline you exhibit now will do you well when your
spirit and emotions wilt while on the trail...  And they will!!!

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD