[pct-l] What is a "Thru Hike?"

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:20:18 CST 2009

Steel-Eye wrote:

Last year above Panther Creek, between Crest Camp and Indian
Race Track, we finished an entirely new section of trail that was rerouted
to avoid some waist-deep washouts.

That would be north of Panther Creek, correct?  The roadwalk from the Bridge
of the Gods to Panther Creek doesn't skip that part.

I've hiked the trail between those two points and while it's not nearly as
bad as the guidebook paints it, it's not particularly exciting, either.  For
the most part it's just a trail.  There are a few views here and there but
nothing you haven't seen a hundred times already by that point.  Personally,
I'll probably take the trail again on my thru-hike but to each his own.

Eric