[pct-l] Resupply strategy and buy as you go.

Sean Carey seanpct75 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:43:18 CST 2009

Hello,

It has been awhile since I made a post, but I have been thinking about
something and was hoping to get some thoughts and/or advise. I have been of
course reading the forums a lot as usual and have decided that for the most
part I will be doing a buy as I go hike.(Also reading yogis book where a lot
of people in there said if they could change one thing it would be how many
resupplies they sent themselves vs buying as they went. I have been covering
a lot of the data books also and it seems to me I could survive by just
sending myself a resupply for the sierras. I also have a friend or two in
Ashland who will be able to help me get around that are for my resupply
there and for whatever I will need to send ahead for the Oregon and
Washington sections of the trail.

I guess my question is this. Can I get by if I send only one resupply
package for the sierras section of California? Also what exactly do you
think should be in my sierra resupply package. Also I was thinking Kennedy
Meadows would be a good place to send that resupply package? I will worry
about and deal with Oregon and Washington as that comes. My main concern is
the California section right now. If you want to pipe in on Oregon and
Washington also that would be ok. I really am wondering mainly about the
California parts though. Thank you very much everyone again for being so
helpful.

Sean C.