[pct-l] Speaking of Resupplies...

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 12:43:33 CST 2009

It sounds like you were using the vacuume sealer on regular zip locks and not the thicker (and more expensive) vacuume sealer bags?? What a pain with the extra ziplocks!   I've been playing around with this a bit... The zip locks work, but you're right, they get holes. Fine if you are cooking in your pan. You don't lose ingredients, but not so good if you want to cook in the bag.

HOWEVER... The vacuume sealer bags are rated to be used in/with boiling water, so you CAN use those to cook in (and by that, I mean rehydrate food). And those don't get holes when you seal them (unless it doesn't seal properly the first time).

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra