[pct-l] Thru-Hiking the PCT-L

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:30:56 CST 2009

On 2/22/09, Wes Rose <wb104475 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I do not believe that an exception to item #7 on your list is necessary

You're wrong.

And it's item 6, not item 7.  This suggests that an Item 8,
'Accurate', should be added to the list.

> After all, you covered more than 2000 miles, which to me is...
> worthy of the title "thru-hiker".

Another sad example of the decline in the rigor of societal standards.

The PCT is greater than 2600 miles in length.  I completed 1826. (Not
2000.  If you really read my journal you would have netted out the
skipping I did to get around fire closures.)  1826 < 2600.  I FAILED
to thru-hike the PCT.  Got it?  OK, good.

>Fact is, the only flaw
> with your trail journal was the lack of daily temperature readings.

agreed.

> Based on your criteria,... Does that
> mean that I cannot attend the AZDPCTKO?

Suggest attending the ADZPCTKO instead.