[pct-l] Guide Book Destruction

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Feb 19 19:37:26 CST 2009

I just slice thru to the spine with an exacto knife to remove each section;
this holds it together well enuf for each section. I put little binder clips
on each to hold it together. Alas, in hindsight, the press left each
sections map hanging onto the prior one. I also pick up my PCT guides to
filet on ebay at bargain prices since the trail hasn't changed much in
25years. I actually prefer the older versions for trail information and
filleting.  Cutting up a $25 book makes no cents, so fillet via ebay.
~~
Section hiker since 1976