[pct-l] Shoes

Charlie & Nancy Zapp cnzapp at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 15:03:27 CST 2009

In an earlier conversation about shoes, New Balance was noted as a
potential source of shoes.  I use NB shoes because I have a wide (4E
width) foot and NB has wide sizes.  As noted earlier, buy shoes on the
fit and feel of your individual foot.  What is good for one person's
foot is not necessarily good for another person's foot even if the
size is correct.  When hiking the AT many folks had issues with NB
over customer service.  NB is primarily a running shoe company.  They
have a division for outdoor shoes that is called Dunham.  I purchase
my NB shoes from www.nbwebexpress.com (1-800-595-9138) and found their
customer service to be great.  This is especially true when on the
trail and you are having trouble with shoes purchased from them.  With
a phone call they sent a new pair to the address I designated and
included a shipping label so I could send the trouble some shoes back
to them.  They charged my card for the new shoes and after examining
the old shoes, and determining there was a manufacturing problem,
credited my card with the purchase price of the shoes.  This customer
service is similar to that of REI, L.L. Bean, Leki and many of the
other hiking equipment sales folks.  It is not what I saw happening in
trying to deal with the NB company or some of the NB stores along the
way.
Piece of Work