[pct-l] water filters

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:03:00 CST 2009

I used a PUR(now Katadyn Hiker) for years, now use the ULA Amiga gravity
filter. It is the same filter element as the pur. It is slow. I carry a
cutoff piece of a plastic water bottle as a very light cup to fill the
filter from shallow sources, and to keep it topped up when filtering. It is
fastest when full. The water bottle cup is a diameter that just fits around
the filter element. I also carry Aqua Mira, and if at a mid day water source
where I am in a hurry, I filter enough to drink immediately, and treat the
rest.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html