[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 92

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 23:34:30 CST 2009

David,

I think you meant to address this to Thatcher instead of to me. After all, it was his ice axe comment, not mine that seemed to upset you. For the life of me, I can't imagine what I would be doing with an ice axe in the desert in the first place, but hey...........your words, not mine.

Guns, dogs, and bear canister regulations are always ripe topics for strong opinions from both sides of the issue, and yes, they do detract from more "worthwhile" topics. You are certainly entitled to your opinion of the list's direction over the years, but if it bothers you so much, I have to ask why you're still subscribed and posting to it.

However, since you addressed it to me directly by name, I'll answer with a scenario that seems to apply. You also chose to post your remarks to the forum, and while I feel a certain natural desire to do likewise, I have more respect for myself and the other subscribers than to subject them to that. Consequently, this is as much of my reply as the list will see.

(balance of reply deleted from this post).

Wandering Bob