[pct-l] Buy as you go

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Feb 16 16:52:16 CST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> For those of us who prefer to buy as we go, which towns along the
> trail currently have decent stores and which require maildrops?
> There were some good articles a few years ago about buy as you go
> resupply strategies, but I haven't seen anything online recently
> that gives a simple list of where we can expect to be able to
> resupply and where we have to mail food.  I know some of the
> resupply stops we used when we hiked nine years ago have changed,
> so the old info isn't valid.
> Ginny

People will probably recommend you purchase Yogi's town guide.

I used the following web resources to plan. Note that some of these
resources were written by people who ate more junk food than others.
Conditions do change over time, though, and these are not the most
recent resources. But they may serve as a useful guide.

http://www.purebound.com/PCT/resupply.htm
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/pctresupply.html
http://asthecrowflies.org/resuply-schedule-for-my-pct-pacific-crest-
trailhike/