[pct-l] Bivy with a tarp

Engraving Pros mail at engravingpros.com
Sun Feb 15 15:15:51 CST 2009

I have been in situations where I can't pitch my tarp do to high winds.
Or rain storms so hard that a bathtub floor is a necessity. In both
cases a bivy is a good option. I carry a homemade silnylon bivy that
weighs just a few ounces and stuffs to the size of a deck of cards.
Even the so called "breathable" bivy has issues with condensation,
but damp is far better than wet any day in survival situations.
Remember to put your sleeping pad inside your bivy to help with
breath-ability. Plus a bivy sack adds about ten degrees to your
sleep system.