[pct-l] Tarps,Tents & Knots

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 23:27:12 CST 2009

I've really enjoyed all the talk about tarps and tents, some of the most productive discussions on the list in a while.

I've carried tarps and ponchos often in the desert with great success. If I were hiking alone this year I would strongly consider the Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape. It is a well thought out system. Though I would suspect that many might find it confining. Especially if you had to wait out a long storm system.

I opted for the SMD Lunar Duo for our '09 walk. The amount of space to weight ratio is impressive.