[pct-l] TRT and mountain bikers

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Fri Feb 13 20:56:48 CST 2009

We have met quite a few mountain bikers and motorcycles in our local
hikes on section C.  I have my trekking poles prominently displayed and
I get pretty confrontational and stand my ground.  I have been cursed
out and threatened but I have never had a biker push past my llama
string and dog.  They invariably turn back or take a side route.
When we met bikers on the TRT we got off trail for them to pass. There
weren't many of them, fortunately.  The part we were on was pretty rough
so they weren't exactly bombing along.
One biker I met later provided me some medical care and remembered
meeting me, years later.
Marion