[pct-l] Thru-hike the Tahoe Rim Trail while Thru-hiking the PCT

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 18:08:30 CST 2009

Having thru-hiked the TRT, I can say that you'll need at least 9 days (18.3 mpd) to make that 165 mile loop. Don't be fooled by the low mileage; it's not as easy as it looks. Be prepared to carry desert-like quantities of water around the NE and E sides. You will want a zero day in there someplace as well.