[pct-l] how to eat - question

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 08:12:14 CST 2009

Here's a pretty basic yet complex question I never quite resolved on my AT
trek....(sometimes you can convince yourself something is so even if it
isn't - so I still don't know the answer)

Can you eat a big meal of protein, nutritious stuff, etc each nite,
bordering excessive, to offset less than adequate nutrition or calories
during the day? Or doesn't it work that way?

Or is the issue more of optimal/ideal nutritional intake (throughout the
day, all day everyday) vs. the next best thing, e.g., nitely or every few
days in town eating well (quantity & nutritionally speaking)

FedEx