[pct-l] Roller Pack - Field Test

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 15:37:53 CST 2009

Thanks for the great report.? Very good.? I never thought of the RollerPack as anything but for?trail use? The ability to change it into a backpack for short distances is very easy.? It takes only a minute or two.? This might be useful across wider streams, etc.?

I have a Ray Jardine style pack that weighs 17 ounces.? But I am using my old LuxuryLite.com cylinders on the RollerPack.? They work very nicely?with the LuxuryLite.com frame attached?to the RollerPack frame with Velcro styled straps.?

My big problem is my knees and lower legs.? Even Ultra Light weight is not the best solution if I am going to have a chance at hiking again.? The DixonRollerPack.com might be the answer.? Time will tell.

Thanks again, Switchback the Trail Pirate
PCT Class of 2012