[pct-l] USPS vs UPS vs FedEx

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Feb 7 17:02:35 CST 2009

patti kulesz wrote:
> I did check all of them and found USPS to be twice as much than UPS
> in all my stops if not then very close to it.....I find it disgusting
> that they charge so much more and all the shipmetns were from SD to
> boot...I don't know why ur calculations were different

The prices Ken posted are for Parcel Post. You probably looked up First
Class rates.

I don't know if this is still the case, but at one time the USPS charged
more for packages than UPS, because they are set up primarily to handle
letters, and packages are more effort for them to handle, whereas UPS is
set up primarily to handle packages. At that time the USPS would just as
soon have you send packages UPS. But that was years ago. The USPS may be
happy to get whatever business they can now.