[pct-l] dam economy...so sad

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 14:14:54 CST 2009

well I just got off the phone with Cascade Mountain Ropes and Outdoor adventures in Trout Lakes and was advised that they too have been hit with hard times...one b/c of the economy and two b/c of all the fires and other natural disasters that have hit the area in the past year and therefore will not be able to accomodate PCT peeps this year...it's so sad for both of us b/c they no longer have their businesses (Along the Trail and Cascade Mtn Ropes) and we no longer have those places going under to go to and enjoy while hiking the PCT.

This is also why, even though I AM on a very low budget b/c of job loss myself...I always tell people who CAN afford the luxuries to go....NOT to just dream about it...just go...b/c next year or the year after it may not be there for us to hike...or something else may come up in our lives to make it impossible to do the hike...so if you're still contemplating whether or not to go...JUST DO IT!!!!

The guy at Cascade Mtn Ropes sounded really sad about losing his business...if u have time give him a call or write him, especially if you've used his services in the past, I'm sure he could use the smile and thanx right now. I didn't get his name though sorry.

		(509) 395-2170

Cascade Mountain & Ropes Outdoor Adventures

2387 Highway 141 A, Trout Lake, WA 98650-9735

patti