[pct-l] Stehekin

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 19:04:08 CST 2009

Meadow Ed here...........
You may be ON to something here Jason about US working with Them at Stehekin PO.
One thing i know from my years as a PCT hiker and trail Angle is that some hikers tend to send  their boxes early to a town to insure they arrive on time.  Help me here folks but if the boxes we send to the town of S by boat all must first pass thru Chelan to be put on the boat daily. What about the folks who quit the trail and whose boxes by then do not need to go there. Or folks whose boxes show up a week or so early and simply sit there and take up space.....
Can someone find out if some boxes can be "held" in Chelan and only put on the boat when that person leaves Stevens pass (or Skykomish) and save some space up there. Worst scenario is to call or have the PO call down to the PO in Chelan to send your box up the next day.....
Any comments on this as a workable solution for everyone .......