[pct-l] Stehekin P. O.

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:48:14 CST 2009

I think that sending a box to Stehekin can still be considered. I just wouldn't ship anything as important as my Passport there.

It's
only 90 miles to the border. Between what can be found at the bakery
and the Landing store, 4 day of food should be no problem. The store is
very limited but pick up a loaf of bread from the bakery, grab peanut
butter, jelly, cheese and such - add a couple sticky bunns and 4 slices
of pizza and yer ready to roll.

Another possibility is to take
the boat ride down to Chelan (a full service resort town) to resupply.
Both of these options could end up being expensive. You would need to
spend the night in Chelan to catch a ride back up-lake. Though I
believe that there is a state park on the shore that you can camp at
for cheap. Also, the food at the landing and bakery is expensive, even
by resort standards. High feas have to be paid to have anything shipped
up on the Lady of the Lake.

Jason