[pct-l] Leg Exercises, etc.

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 4 19:37:53 CST 2009

When Bicycle racing at a high level training for leg strength, ie: weights
and gym work were done in the off season as this hampered performance
noticeably.  However, as far as cross training, I will add this, riding made
me incredibly strong out on the trails with good all day endurance when I
first started packing a lot.  The hiking did not however help the riding
when I would get home to sea level, which I thought it would only being away
for a couple weeks, so I started taking my bike and riding some really neat
counrty like Lassen and the road in and out of Cedar Grove at Kings.  I am
currently starting to ride again as a means to cross training and building
leg strentgh back, butthe bike strenth isnot like weights and works towards
both strentgh and endurance. If any is interested on how I approach leg
training on my bikes over the years I can elaborate.  Just making the pedals
go round isn't exactly what I mean.