[pct-l] Creek Crossings

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 16:16:38 CST 2009

I think the crossing you're talking about is Kerrick Ck about 2 days N
of Tuolomne Meadows.   It was a very scary ford in 08 and crotch deep on
a 6 footer when I crossed about 4PM.  I probably should have waited
until the following morning and definitely should have searched around
upstream from the trail for a better crossing place as I got my foot
caught between two rocks while crossing and it was all I could do
fighting the current to free it and make my way across.  I'm pretty sure
that StoneDancer turned back at this one.   Handlebar