[pct-l] electronic journaling

Charles Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 11:52:49 CST 2009

Yo Gang,

             I used a pocketmail years ago and really liked how well it
worked. I plan to use postholer on my PCT hike this year. I have been
testing it while hiking on the AT. My journaling usually consists of
scribbling a few notes in the data book. Postholer lets me use a
template and I just fill in the blanks for stuff like miles hiked,
elevation change, location, temperature, my gps location for the cool
maps that pop up, insert a picture, write as much as you want and send
the email and you are done. You can see me test some of the features  on
my journal, you will have to click on AT 2008 postholer.com\chaseat99
           I liked the look of the iphone but I wanted battery and
memory to be removable and the old iphones did not have a real gps. I am
using an ATT Tilt  phone running windows mobile 6. There are tons of
free and cheap programs available, battery's are about $16 at
cellphneshop.net, 8 gig microSD are available for $20. The phone has a 3
mp camera but I downsize them for easier upload. I carry a Cannon SD1110
IS 8 mp for other photos and video. Yup I like gadgets.

chase
uploading video from PA Ruck 2009 to u-tube, its already on Facebook