[pct-l] electronic journaling options - IPhone questions?

GARY HEBERT hikerfedex at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:04:03 CST 2009

Howdy Rowdy!
Bought a camera since AT. 8+ ounces, 10 in rugged case. But pics are worth
it.  (My AT cell phone pics are ok, but no zoom, no wide angle, etc.)
Unfortunately thats plus phone+ Ipod (which I also did not carry).

I'm laughing cuz I've added stuff yet somehow plan to travel much lighter!

You could have the right idea though. Switch phones and at least combine
phone, ipod, journal (internet or just email to somebody), upload some
selected pics from camera.

Does iphone G3 use memory card? or all internal. (I want to transfer pics
from camera &  email or post to internet)

With the Iphone if you dont have a signal could you type several emails
(daily journals) on trail, save as drafts & send when you have signal in
town?

mine was 2 part question. lightweight device/system plus easy/quick in town
part.

I wonder how good ATT coverage is along the PCT (in town)? (if good, all
set; if not, screwed)