[pct-l] The perfect dog

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 31 20:32:17 CST 2009

I happen to have the perfect hiking dog.  EVERYONE loves Scooter.  He goes 15-20 miles  and asks for more.  I have taken him in the desert and his paws are fine.  If any dog were to do the PCT it would be Scooter.  I have had strong dogs in the past (one went 30 miles in a day with me), but Scooter is stronger.  I am going to be with the class of 2010 and Scooter will NOT be with me.  I have been with the PCT since 2004 and I have come to realize the words of wisdom of L Rod, Sugar Mama, Yogi and others.  I have also seen dogs and a goat on the trail and I have not seen the dogs and the goat do well.  I love my dogs and have come to realize that loving them means leaving them home.

Capt Bivy