[pct-l] New spot2 messenger Recalled by manufacturer

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Thu Dec 31 00:32:57 CST 2009

As I mentioned on this list last month, the new spot2 messengers have a problem
with the battery compartment battery contacts not being long enough to make
contact with positive nub on lithium batteries.
Go to this site to get a return package and info sent to you.

http://www.findmespot.com/exchange/

Spot Messenger will pay postage and supply return  boxes etc.
I sent in my exchange request today for my replacement.

Don't buy one until they have this cleared up.
they said early 2010

canoeman