[pct-l] Resupply strategies

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Dec 23 18:52:17 CST 2009

An earlier and less expensive alternate (because you can't eat, shower, or stay there) to Vermillion Valley is Muir Trail Ranch, about 21 miles south of VVR. This is especially nice if you are planning to carry all the way from Kennedy Meadows so as to skip going out to Independence via Kearsarge Pass to Onion Valley. See http://www.muirtrailranch.com/resupply.html

>From Kennedy Mdws to:

Onion Valley = 96 miles + 9 miles back to PCT
MTR = 153 miles + 0.8 miles back up to PCT
VVR = 175 miles + 1-2 miles back to PCT

Reds Mdw Resort is 50 miles north of MTR.

Wandering Bob