[pct-l] Freeze Dried Foods

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Dec 23 16:39:55 CST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 2:10 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> The thing I don't like about the commercially available freeze
> dried and dried foods is the high sodium content.  My doctor told
> me to limit my sodium intake to 1500mg a day.  Some of the freeze
> dried meals have that much in a single serving.
>
> John coyle

The individual ingredients are not high in sodium. That's what I
think we're talking about.

And you better ignore your doctor if you're going to survive the PCT.
Many people end up sick in section A following such doctors orders.
Remember, they are making suggestions assuming you're never more than
a half mile from your car and that moderate exercise means 20 minutes
of walking.