[pct-l] freeze-dried foods

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 14:32:28 CST 2009

http://www.nitro-pak.com/product_info.php?cPath=147_58_83&products_id=245

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!
www.hikestrong2010.com hiking again in 2010 for cancer!

--- On Wed, 12/23/09, Jim & Jane Moody <moodyjj at comcast.net> wrote:

From: Jim & Jane Moody <moodyjj at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] freeze-dried foods
To: "Paul Mitchell" <bluebrain at bluebrain.ca>
Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2009, 11:48 AM

At last!  A topic that I know something about.  I have used Emergency Essentials (beprepared.com) and love their variety of freeze-dried meats, fruits, veggies, and cheeses.  Great stuff - you can eat it as trail snack, cold, hot, or to augment ramen, Lipton sides, mashed potatoes, etc.

F-d products come in #10 cans; kinda pricey but goes a long way.  Each month they have specials, so I'm buying what I'll need on the PCT this summer as it goes on sale.  They also sell individual dinners from Mt House, MRE's, and dehydrated foods.  The dehydrated stuff is heavier, takes longer to reconstitute, and is not as convenient as a snack.

Merry Christmas to all.

Mango