[pct-l] How important is it to have a freestanding tent?

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:34:30 CST 2009

Hi Swope,

I recently compared about twenty different shelters for weight and square foot area.  The list doesn't include all the available shelters but you can get a good idea how your tent compares.

To answer your question... I found it hard to stake out a tent in a hotel room but that is about it.  All other places you wouldn't have a problem with a little creativity.

Here is the link

http://hikethru.com/hiking-information/tents-1

Paul