[pct-l] Layering

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 05:58:51 CST 2009

> Don't the clothes you wear during the night get damp?

I find the opposite. I have gone to sleep wearing my damp base layers
and within a few hours they will dry as the temperature was dropping.
My sleeping bag was dry as well.
I wouldn't recommend this with a saturated down parker or thick cotton
items, but light base layers and synthetic fleece don't hold much
water.

I have always made a habit of either sleeping with my damp cloths or
at least hanging them under my tarp with me, against the advise of
others.

The clothes that I'm not wearing dry much better in my shelter than if
they were hanging up outside. Your body gives off a lot of heat and
the temperature inside your shelter is warmer and if ventilation is
good, drier than outside in the dew.

--
... when your feeling blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's
nothing like a campfire and a can of beans!

http://kayakbrooklyn.blogspot.com