[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 24, Issue 100

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:15:09 CST 2009

If you ask me I don't understand why everyone going into the backcountry is
expected to LNT except equestrians.

I have no problems with horses on the trail - I actually enjoy running into
them.. I just found that there was a near constant "trace" of them on the
trail  - especially on hills near road crossings.

Not trying to start a flame war - I just believe it is time for equestrians
to join the rest of us with LNT.  To me this includes three issues: 1 )
clean up waste,  2) use rubber boots instead of metal horse shoes, 3) avoid
using trails when very muddy (if possible, obviously not on a long trip).

JMHO.

Day-Late