[pct-l] Base Pack weight

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:17:28 CST 2009

JB,

There have been a number of postings on the PCT-L with suggestions to decrease your base pack weight.

A friend and I give UL and LW backpacking presentations to local boy scout troups and public libraries.

Here is my 2 cents worth in the form of a link to my powerpoint presentation.
As you view each slide, you might pick up a few ideas to help in your goal for a base pack wt. between 10 and 15 lbs.

http://picasaweb.google.com/beemancron/LightweightBackpackingPresentation#

FWIW I have settled into a new category of BP weight that was coined by Bernie at Practical Backpacking = "Comfort weight".  Take the gear that makes you enjoy the wilderness in a comfortable way.

Happy Trails.

Paul "The Beeman" Cronshaw