[pct-l] cold sweaty back

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Mon Dec 21 03:18:39 CST 2009

Ok, here's something probably familiar to all of us.  You're hiking along,
take a short break either with your pack off or sitting down with your pack
hanging back off your back.  You get up to go and the pack reconnects with
your back with a nice freezing cold wet smack.  Your back gets all sweaty
while you're hiking and as soon as you take the pack off the breeze cools
off both your wet shirt and the front of your damp pack.  I recall that
happening with regularity and not enjoying it at all.

I've hiked with a G4, a G5 and a Catalyst - same experience with all of
them.  So, what I'm wondering is this; has anybody found a solution?  Any
sort of clothing/pack combination that resolves or reduces this effect?

Cheers,

- Potential178