[pct-l] Dear Class of 2010... Greetings

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Fri Dec 18 19:56:38 CST 2009

> So is the PCT more littered?

I think all the trash chatter is giving the wrong impression. ;-)  There are
a few spots on the trail (anywhere near a highway for example) that get a
lot more traffic of the trash dropping variety, but in between there's an
abundance of long clean miles.  The only spots that stand out in my memory
are the first few days out, the occasional blanket, shirt, shoe, etc dropped
by border hoppers ... deep creek approaching the dam had plenty of trash
including spray-paint o' plenty on the rocks, lots of LA traffic there ...
one of the camps on the east side of Whitney was plenty bad.

Then there's all the hiker trash, of course.  Smelliest garbage on the trail
by far, but definitely thins out the further north you go.

See you on the trail!  :-)

P178